China Z Visa (Work) Application
A work visa is required for persons wanting to work in China for pay. It is also issued to aliens who come to China for commercial entertainment performance. It is only granted if you and the employer meet certain requirements. ; First, the organisation must be accredited to employ foreigners. You must meet the requirements as a foreign expert and the employer must obtain a certificate stating that you comply. ;The most common employment is teaching English for which the minimum qualifications are stated as having English as a first language and having at least a Bachelors degree and two year teaching experience. The age limit for male applicants is ;18 - 60, and 18- 55 for female applicants. However, there is some flexibility in these requirements so if you can find a willing employer they still have a chance of obtaining approvals for you.
The employer will send you a government issued Employment Permit and Visa Notification Letter which you must submit with a photocopies with your application. Accompanying family members should apply for ;new S1 or S2 visa submitting invitation letter from the ;relative with work Z in Chinaand a proof of relationship ; i.e. their marriage certificate for a spouse, or birth certificate for a child.
This Z is valid for only 30 days from the date of arrival during which time you and your employer must seek a Temporary Residence Permit for the duration of your contract, to the minimum of 90 days and the maximum of 5 years.
China Z Visa Requirments
- Age - 18-60 (male), 18-55 (female);
- Valid passport Applicant's valid actual passport with at least six months validity left before expiration and at least one blank page left in it.
- Completed application formOne accurately and truthfully completed Visa Application Form.
- One recent photoOne recent passport standard photo affixed on the Application Form.
- Invitation letter Invitation Letter issued by duly authorized entity or Confirmation Letter of Invitation issued by relevant Chinese entities.
- Employment permit:Work Permit (one of the following work permits):
- Foreigners Employment Permit issued by the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security of the PRC.
- Permit for Foreign Experts (Foreign Experts Certificate) issued by the State Bureau of Foreign Experts of the PRC.
- Registration Certificate of Resident Representative Offices of enterprises of foreign countries(regions) issued by Chinese authorities of industrial and commercial administration.
- An approval document for commercial performances issued by the Chinese government authorities for cultural affairs.
- Invitation Letter to Foreigners for Offshore Petroleum Operations issued by National Offshore Oil Corporation.
How to Apply
You can go to the Chinese embassy, consulates or other diplomatic missions in person for application. You can also entrust your friends, a travel agency or visa agency to act on your behalf. There is no need to make an appointment. Mailed applications are not acceptable.
It usually takes 4 working days for processing. For example, you submit application on Monday and then you can pick up your visa on Thursday. Additional US$ 30 is charged for 1 working day processing, and US$ 20 for 2-3 working day processing.
The fee is as same as the fee for other types of Chinese visa. Generally speaking, Chinese embassy or consulate only issue single entry Z to aliens. If you apply for it in the United States of America, US$140 for American citizens, US$30 for other citizens.
Give a Hand to ;Aliens Who Hunt for a Job in China Seek jobs online, find employment opportunities, post your resumes, share interview tips with other job seekers in our China Jobs Forum